作者： Organizing Committee of Dongguan Songshan Lake International Marathon 发布时间：2016-1-14
VANKE 2016 Dongguan Songshan Lake International Marathon Possible Risks
Marathon running is an athletic sport of high intensity and great demand of endurance over a long distance which involves a degree of risk. As it raises high demand on the physical condition, participants are expected to have good health and some running or training experience.
In Dongguan, participants may choose among Marathon, Half Marathon, and Mini Marathon events, according to their own physical conditions and actual abilities.
Participants with symptoms of the following conditions are not to take part in the event:
1. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
2. Hyper tension and cardio-vascular disease;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and serious cardiac arrhythmia;
5. Hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia diabetics;
6. Patients of other diseases unfit for sports.
All participants shall be liable for personal injury and property loss caused by personal health condition or other personal reasons during the event. Before the entry, participants are required to have physical check-up (including electrocardiographic examination) in qualified medical institutions, and make a self-evaluation to confirm if the physical condition is suitable for the event of their choice.
General Notes for the Race：
1. It is common that the first phase of “discomfort” will mostly influence the runners after the first 10 to 20 minutes, which is a normal phenomenon of physiological reaction. Slowing down the pace, adjusting the breath or walking for 2 to 3 minutes will help to overcome the “discomfort”. After this period, running will become more comfortable.
2. Generally, after running around 30 to 35 minutes, participants without regular marathon training will fall into a phase called “Exercise-induced physiological limits”, which may include muscle ache, joint ache, and heavy fatigue. It is strongly recommended that participants under these conditions quit the race to avoid further risk.
3. Runner should run in accordance with their own abilities. It is strongly advised to avoid racing against other runners.